Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas Day at our house...

was relaxing and quiet! Rodel and I woke before the children did and got a chance to have coffee (well, Rodel did--I don't drink it) but it was nice to be able to get the fireplace going and get some Christmas tunes on. We had an early lunch and even got a mid-afternoon nap in!













WARNING BELLS...

After waking from my nap with roughly an hour and 15 minutes of daylight left I decided to take the kiddies to the park to sled as Raven had missed out on December 24th sledding due to a stomach bug. Rodel decided to stay home as Raven had passed her stomach bug onto Dad, so it was just the kids and I. There was one other family there when we arrived and without even seeing them up close I suddenly had a very 'scary' feeling, or inner warning that something wasn't right.

Still sore from the previous day's wipe outs I decide to wait at bottom of the hill and catch pics of kids coming down...after a bit, I sat on a swing to watch and the lady with the other family came over. The 'uneasy feeling' I had was growing and I was actually praying silently for protection over the kids and myself--it was a very alarming feeling. The lady sat on the swing beside me and started asking me a ton of questions, from where we live to what school my children attend. She said she was looking for a school for her teen son as she'd only recently moved into the area. I politely avoided giving detailed info on where we live as I found that really odd--when she said she was looking for a school, I (stupidly) told her about our middle school and how good we thought it was.

I guess I was letting my guard down for a second but that didn't last long because here came the man of the family and again I had an uneasy feeling and the lady shifted to the opposite side she'd been on and now I had the lady on one side of me and the man on the other and felt loud bells of alarm, so I got up and out of the middle and called for the kids to go. The other family decides to leave as well and gets into their car but they don't drive off until after we did--so the kids and I took a scenic view of the entire town before we headed home.
For some STRANGE reason and I do mean strange--I don't even know how I ended up there, I found myself on the public safety site for this state later that night and low and behold...the man from the park was listed on there as a Registered Offender !! I was surprised to find I had caught him in the background of several of the pics I'd taken of the kids that day and I'm sure they were uneasy as to why I'd snapped pics and that could have led to the questioning but I am so glad we got out of there and wholeheartedly believe in listening to your gut instinct...in this case I think the Lord was letting me know of the possible danger.

Moving on to a more positive note...here are a few more pics recently taken of the kids and Rodel...



3 comments:

Rod at Red Shutter said...

wow, good call on the freak.
i worry about that stuff all the time- especially now that i have a little girl myself.

great banner image on your blog. my little niece is such a princess.

thanks for keeping us up to date on the photos of the familia.

it's motivating knowing that i still look younger than rodel.
keep on posting them pics! make my day!!

you guys root for the colts for me next weekend!
that's my team!

Petote Player said...

Bashap brah. Yeah we gettin up there.

I was tryin to grow out a pathetic beard and mustach. Take a close look. Three days worth of growth.

I grow more hair now in my ears, nose, and eyebrows. I found two white hairs in my beard and another down below. What up wit dat?

You know what the bible says about white hair. It is a sign of wisdom. Although my body, an imperfect and a fragile shell, is succumbing to time, I am getting closer to glory and my youth is renewed like the eagles every day from measure to measure and from glory to glory...AMEN!

I think my body is showing what I've been goin through the past two years...but if this is the case, I'll be looking good in another two years, younger than today.

BTW, don't try to pluck the white hairs; it's futile. You can just dye yours and let your hair grow. You think you look young now, wait till you try that. You'll be surprised. I can't cause I get a cut every week.

Cheers!

Hipchick said...

um...too much info on the white hairs there..LOL!!

Rod who are the colts playing and we'll watch for it.

Raley sure is a Princess, we call her Princess-Sass-Alot, cause this chick has some serious spunk in her personality--she's a trip, but she cracks us up (usually)...until her sass goes a bit too far. :)

rhonda